The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cork Gig Announced (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14714)

Gatsby 08-10-2007 12:24 PM

Cork Gig Announced

1 Attachment(s)
Gig announced for Cork in Ireland
Damien will play The Opera House in Cork on Wednesday 22 August, 2007.

Tickets for this show, priced at 39.20euro (including booking fee) will go on sale tomorrow, Friday 11 August at 10am through the Opera House Box office on +353 21 4270022, online at the Opera House and through ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New single 'dogs'
Damien's newly remixed single 'dogs' will be released digitally in Ireland on Aug 24 and in the UK on Sept 10, along with a bside track called 'childish'.

The UK will do a physical release in 3 formats (CD & 2 Vinyls) on Sept 17. Both vinyls are numbered and contain exclusive posters. The bsides on the vinyls are 'elephant' and 'accidental babies'.

The CD & 2 vinyls being released in the UK are available to pre-order now at a special multi-buy price of 3 pound from
recordstore and from townsend records

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so now you can stop yer moanin! ;)

Gatsby 08-10-2007 12:30 PM

oh and whoever does that mailing list really needs to buy a calender.

friday 11th august? im presuming its saturday these tickets go onsale...

Daniel 08-10-2007 12:48 PM

sweet.....:icon_sunn

Bumpman 08-10-2007 01:06 PM

Might be worth the trip.

Daniel 08-10-2007 01:16 PM

well I know, I can manage the 10mins walk from work that night :smiley36:

Go for it Sean, of you were at his gig from Xmas 2002 you'll know the audience was quiet. Yes, non talkers at a gig, it's rare nowadays.

just called them to get times and they're on sale now (in the past few minutes) on 021 427 0022

norriewan 08-10-2007 02:02 PM

yay i just got 4 tickets!!!!

wooooo hoooo and to think i travelled all the way to edinburgh to see damien in march cos i thought he wasnt gonna do an irish gig - let alone a cork gig!!!!

Moves-My-World 08-10-2007 04:24 PM

Go on Damooo you know you want to do a Belfast gig :)

Daniel 08-10-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norriewan
wooooo hoooo and to think i travelled all the way to edinburgh to see damien in march cos i thought he wasnt gonna do an irish gig - let alone a cork gig!!!!

thats what you call a sly marketing gimmick

GlttrGrrl 08-10-2007 06:02 PM

Is it me or are those ticket prices unreasonably expensive? If I were to go, it would wind up costing over $50 for one ticket with the exchange rate + whatever fees. That's crazy.

And Childish as a B-Side? Could he not give us something new?

No, Simon, I will not quit my moaning ;)

Timeé 08-10-2007 06:10 PM

its no barbara streisand, and its over a hundred miles away

corkboyinexile 08-10-2007 07:45 PM

Damn it!!
I wanna go, but alas I'm in exile

Gatsby 08-11-2007 06:00 PM

up the rebels.

gwan baiiiii

Bumpman 08-11-2007 06:49 PM

I'm not going, Glttrgrrl is right; forty quid is too expensive. Anyway, I've seen him about fifteen times already.

All funding is deferred until Macbook is procured.

Also, Cork are sh*t... They were beaten by Waterford. That's just embarrassing.

Nine 08-11-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
I'm not going, Glttrgrrl is right; forty quid is too expensive. Anyway, I've seen him about fifteen times already.

All funding is deferred until Macbook is procured.

Also, Cork are sh*t... They were beaten by Waterford. That's just embarrassing.

*sneers* i've got a mac book, nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

Where did you see him for the first time, sean?
x

SisterMidnight 08-11-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelate
Gig announced for Cork in Ireland
Damien will play The Opera House in Cork on Wednesday 22 August, 2007.

Tickets for this show, priced at 39.20euro (including booking fee) will go on sale tomorrow, Friday 11 August at 10am through the Opera House Box office on +353 21 4270022, online at the Opera House and through ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

NOW hell has officially frozen over :smiley16: what's it been? like 2002 since he played Cork?

Daniel 08-11-2007 07:37 PM

yep, same venue, between Xmas & New Years, bloody fantastic gig that was.
must toddle off, Vyvienne playing here tonight...I'm late.

Bumpman 08-11-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine
*sneers* i've got a mac book, nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

Where did you see him for the first time, sean?
x

Well I won't pretend that I'm not envious of your Macbook, but the last time I had enough money for one I spent it all on Gibson LG-0, US made in 1967. They don't make acoustic guitars like that anymore. It actually makes Damien's Lowden look and sound like a bucket of monkey spunk. I'm sure it's nothing compared to your Macbook though. :smiley20:

I think the first time I saw him would have been on the initial run of the O tour. I would have gone to the Juniper shows, but I was busy being eleven and whatnot.

SisterMidnight 08-11-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Building
yep, same venue, between Xmas & New Years, bloody fantastic gig that was.
must toddle off, Vyvienne playing here tonight...I'm late.

well it's about time then! did you get tickets, dan?

have fun at vyv's gig. come back and give us a review after

Daniel 08-11-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
well it's about time then! did you get tickets, dan?

have fun at vyv's gig. come back and give us a review after

I did. 3rd row centre in the balcony. They werent selling front row balcony at the time. It'll do. :o

Back from Vyv's show too. No support, just her (& 5 fellow band members). Lovely show but who ever organised the table/seating arrangement should be fired, haha. Initially they should have kept them to the front but they had them down the sides -fixed them before they came on though.
Nice tunes by herself, especially the second song "inheritance". Nice reaction from the crowd, singalong at the end. Finished at 11.

SisterMidnight 08-12-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

I did. 3rd row centre in the balcony. They werent selling front row balcony at the time. It'll do. :o

Back from Vyv's show too. No support, just her (& 5 fellow band members). Lovely show but who ever organised the table/seating arrangement should be fired, haha. Initially they should have kept them to the front but they had them down the sides -fixed them before they came on though.
Nice tunes by herself, especially the second song "inheritance". Nice reaction from the crowd, singalong at the end. Finished at 11.

i didnt get great seats for minneapolis, and i thought about trying the balcony instead. i think in a smaller venue you could get an even better overview than further back or off to the side on the floor. birdseye view so to speak. is the cork opera house very large?

sounds like vyv's gig was lovely

Bumpman 08-12-2007 03:41 AM

I love that song. I think it actually is called 'She can't wait to get her hands on the inheritance'.

A2_Blue 08-12-2007 05:53 AM

great... a gig in Ireland... Ill be right there...

DAMO COME BACK TO DETROIT! im going through some serious withdraws since may.

No, Im happy for you guys though, Damien anywhere is a blessing to all.

administrator 08-12-2007 02:39 PM

last time damien played in cork was december 2002... so it's definitely time that he came back here...

Bumpman 08-12-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator
Yeah, Waterford totally deserved that big win against Cork, hurling is a very important way of demonstrating how awful Cork is.

Right on man, you said it better then I ever could.

Wheels 08-12-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator
last time damien played in cork was december 2002... so it's definitely time that he came back here...

And he chooses a day that I'm away :(

#Ian# 08-12-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Vyv's playing up here on Wednesday. I'm going to Fridge on Thursday, Dan Deacon on Friday and Slint on Saturday. I think I'll probably skip it.

Daniel 08-12-2007 09:06 PM

tut tut Ian.
What else would you be doing on a Wed night?

#Ian# 08-13-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

tut tut Ian.
What else would you be doing on a Wed night?

Hopefully watching the Arsenal hammer some Czechs.

Livo 08-13-2007 12:04 PM

i wish i could go, after my years of belly-aching that he never plays cork, but i'm going to marlay park and i do NOT have the money for another gig!!

i'm just gonna hang around the stage door for a little while to see what i can see :smiley1:

Daniel 08-14-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
is the cork opera house very large?

called them earlier to get 2 more tickets for some friends. With seats about 1000.
looks like its close to being sold out. Can't but 2 together on the net but can over the phone.
Also got Declan O'Rourke tickets for Dec 14 off them too.
Sweet.....:smiley32: