Thread: New Tour
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #46
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Default brief report

Hey people.

I just got back home after driving down the California coast for 12 hours today. It was beautiful but exhausting. I'll write about it this weekend. But here's some more info from the past two shows:

The new song at Santa Barbara had lyrics like "I wouldn't want you to be wanted by me" and "I only wanted to be wonderful" and "I only really wanted to be wanted by you" - Never heard it before. It's short but good.

He played the same song as the opener in Saratoga. The Saratoga set went like this:

New song (Same as new song in Sta. Barbara)
Cannonball
The Professor/La Fille Danse
Volcano
Older Chests
New Song? The only lyrics I could pick up were "Explain to her your weakness and then roll over and die" and "Tell em I'll be cooking coconut skins"
Childish
Woman Like a Man
9 Crimes
Another New Song it seems - I checked, and it dooesn't seem to be The Girl that Does Yoga, but the lyrics talk about "She" a lot, which made me think it was that song - Lyrics like "She comes out so slow" and "I wait like a dog by her side"
Then Go! (Which I was hoping for, but didn't think he would do without Lisa!) There was a different break in the song - it was good
All Along the Watchtower/When Doves Cry
The Blower's Daughter

Encore:
Cheers Darlin! (It had to be at the Winery! So excited to FINALLY Hear this song)
Started playing I Remember, then told the crowd to not yell out "Where's Lisa?" which they've been doing at the shows. He said, "She's not here" but said she'd be joining them for the East Coast shows (lucky bastards). Then he asked the audience if they wanted Aimee or I Remember, and a lot of us yelled "Both!" so he said he'd play Aimee and then I Remember
Aimee
Eskimo - at the end of the song he said something like "This is the part where I really miss Lisa"
I Remember - He ran over curfew. They gave him 2 extra minutes, and then completely cut off his sound.

I have so much more commentary than that, but I have to get to bed. It was magical, wonderful, amazing...I didn't want it to end!

p.s. Joel says that he is *not* touring with Damien, just joining him for a few scattered shows.

p.p.s. There has been a mysterious mic at the end of the stage at all the shows. Not sure what the purpose of it is. Could be for a live CD or DVD, but it seems like a really strange place to put a mic for that purpose.

p.p.s.s. I love my Eskimo Friends! It was great to meet you moxie! Thanks for being my partner in crime!