Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #61
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Alumni,

Since you've been relentlessly rude without any previous provocation from me: you can blow me!

I'm not so stupid as to call someone "dum" without knowing the correct spelling is "dumb"! You've repeatedly attacked me in an entirely incompetent manner each time and only made yourself look like a total idiot (like that time you apparently didn't understand the meaning of the word "alternate"!).

It's more amusing than annoying for me, though.

If you'd bother to read the whole thread you'd see that I said more than once that the sound quality was too poor on the chorus section and that I couldn't say for certain what he was actually saying in that one line until I heard another version of the song (therefore Timee has no reason for gloating- I was always very careful to put a question mark down).

In this new recording the sound quality is much clearer AND Damo made an extra effort this time to slow down and enunciate every word very succinctly He still breaks "co-co-nut" up so much that it turns into three separate words which is probably why (along with his earlier sloppy/slurred/drunk? delivery) I once thought it might be something closer to "cold burnt up skins". Anyone who listens to the Palladium version will immediately notice the difference in lack of clarity.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #62
brookefield
slightly colder water...

jesus man...
as travis would say, peace the ____ out.
i'm very sorry people were mean to you, and its a viable and rather harmless mistake you made...but can't we all just be nice? ya know, adhere to the eskimo friends part?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:04 AM   #63
cille
creepycute

Spamlet, I think i remember you being quite condescendent (sp?) very early on about Alumni's spelling, maybe this is where the grudge comes from?

Anyhow, leave it where it lies, it's not worth it bringing it back up. He/she said his/her goodbyes, let's not stir things anymore.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #64
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I'm generally a very nice guy.

But I'm not gonna just sit here and take mountains of abuse over and over from the same random dude (whom I really don't even know).

That said, the suggestion itself was made in the friendliest way possible: complete with an exclamation point and a thumbs up smiley.

Besides, it's natural we get the odd quibble here. Any decent friendship always has its fair share of harmless lil' spats.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #65
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Cille,

His leaving was honestly not known to me. I just read this thread tonight. Don't hardly ever check the "everything else" forum. I'd never get anything done!

As for me being condescending early on to him about spelling: I went through all his posts and the only possible instance I found was after his very first post where he wrote an incredibly hard to read message that went well beyond any kind of simple spelling issues.

I couldn't help but mention the irony of his screen name. The sentence was accompanied with the appropriate, cute "just lightly joshin' with ya, bud" set of winky smileys to illustrate it was meant in the spirit of a friendly icebreaker. Many of the other responses in the thread were waaaaaaay harsher to it than that (accusing him of wishing Damo's parents divorced etc.) so I find it hard to believe he'd have targeted me for that.

It was more likely a competitive/jealousy kinda deal. I've been long known here as a frequent transcriber of lyrics and he started several threads where he demanded that everyone else was always hearing things wrong and that we needed to re-do them (including some on our lyrics section page) because he was the only one who knew the correct words that were being said.