Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

Default Beacon Theatre Tickets

not to show off or anything but i got 4 tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i might have an extra one so let me know if u want to go.
FlexCabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
mr. boland
Eskimo Regular

Default still available

i just got tickets in the loge section through ticketmaster. don't go to ebay yet, they are saying it's sold out. Unless you want to pay a couple hundred bucks for front row, still check ticketmaster. it's now 11:45am Eastern Time(united states).
mr. boland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

yeah i have really good seats. row d in the orch. i bought 4 tickets but i think i might have one left over. if my x gf decides not to go(which she may) then i might have 2 extra.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
soitisgirl
Eskimo Baby

Thumbs up Beacon question (rows?) and also possib extra for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexCabana
yeah i have really good seats. row d in the orch. i bought 4 tickets but i think i might have one left over. if my x gf decides not to go(which she may) then i might have 2 extra.
Me too with the good seats (row A and another in row D). Waiting for a friend to get back to me (he's in chicago) to see if he can fly in. If not, I will have a single ticket for sale, row D. It's a really good seat. Just ask FlexCabana.

I have 2 because a friend and I were both trying and ticketmaster was being super slow and my wait time went from one minute to 4 and I was getting anxious. So of course even though she got into the system 12 minutes or so after me, well, you know how ticketmaster gets clogged and people dump tickets, so she got row A. (And I told her to buy it because I am insane.)

If I am not mistaken, Orchestra starts at row AA thru DD, and then A-Z. I've never been to the Beacon, always wanted to, so if someone needs to correct me, please do.

Also, if someone is interested in that possible single ticket, you can email me at: soitisgirl@gmail.com

Like I said, I am waiting on a friend who is a die-hard fan and it all depends on his boss. He works for UPS and December is busy time and hard for him to take time off. But if he can do it, he'll fly in to see Damo. He's a huge fan so at least the ticket will be well used. But it would be too by anyone here.

And of course, face value. None of that scalping b.s.

Congratulations to all going. It's all very exciting with shows and tv appearances and the new cd coming out (which I adore by the way, esp. ...Animals Were Gone... -- I had heard all/most of the others either from years ago or from the summer shows I had to suffer through, I mean, enjoy Fiona. Sorry, just not a fan of hers.

Anyway, good news that people got NY tix. And that some eskimos might have an extra or 2 floating around. Should my possible extra become a definite extra, I'll repost.

And sorry for the very very long post. I usu. lurk more than I post but I am very excited today about the Beacon tickets!!!!!

Cheers,
g
soitisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
beatomatic
Eskimo Baby

Hello, I just stumbled on this Damien Rice fan site while searching for upcoming tour dates. I will be in NYC from 12/13 - 12/15 and I found on pollstar.com that Damien Rice is planning a show at the Beacon theatre on both the 12th and the 13th. I saw that tickets for the 12th went on sale today, but I can't get anyone to confirm the 12/13 show nor sell me tickets for it. I called Ticketmaster and they said they didn't know of a second show, so I called the Theatre itself and was told that there "may" be another show, but that I should just keep calling ticketmaster to see if the show comes available. The woman I spoke with at Beacon never said that there was not a second show, so I'm keeping my hopes alive!!! Does anyone know anything about a second show or other shows in NYC?

Thanks for the great website by the way...
beatomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
theecitychick
Eskimo Friend

Default Hey

Hey I just got a tkt to the beacon by myself cause nobody else would go with me but i dont care i need to see him, so my question is can i arrange a meet up or something with someone that is going?
theecitychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

i want to organize a lil group from here to meet up at a nearby bar and have some drinks b4 we go in the concert. anyone else down? we can take some pics and post them up here.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:16 AM   #8
mr. boland
Eskimo Regular

Default bar before show

if it's still there, there is a decent pub a couple blocks south of the beacon. used to go there all the time. i'll post the name when i can think of it. i'll be going to the show solo as well.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #9
mr. boland
Eskimo Regular

Default bar

the bar i referenced in the previous post is called P.D O'Hurleys..
here is the link http://pdohurleys.com/
there are other bars around, just haven't been to 'em. i like this place.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

O'hurleys sounds good to me
Old 11-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #11
theecitychick
Eskimo Friend

Default Heyy

Hey! I would definitely meet up with you before! maybe you could pm me or somehting im sure i saw most of you at the central park concert an the borgata one i was at both! So it will be really greeat to get to meet you!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. boland
the bar i referenced in the previous post is called P.D O'Hurleys..
here is the link http://pdohurleys.com/
there are other bars around, just haven't been to 'em. i like this place.
PD O'Hurley's is a great pub... we went there prior to the May 3, 2004 Damo gig...
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

awesome guys im excited. so lets play it by ear as the date gets closer, but as of now we will meet up at hurleys to drink b4 hand. any other suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
TRDW
Eskimo Friend

I got Row E to the second night of the Beacon. I saw row AA is the first row, is the second row, row BB or row A and so on? Thanks so much, can't wait to see some of yall there.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
Mattien
Eskimo Baby

AA, BB, CC, DD, A, B, C.....

http://www.onlinetickets.com/venue/B...er_theater.jpg

VERY good seats are still available.
Mattien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #16
TRDW
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattien
AA, BB, CC, DD, A, B, C.....

http://www.onlinetickets.com/venue/B...er_theater.jpg

VERY good seats are still available.

Awesome thank you very much for that information. I got row E seats 9-11 and my friend got Row A seats 21-23. I'm thinking I'd sacrifice the 4 rows back to be closer to the center, but I'm just excited to have tickets.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:16 AM   #17
beatomatic
Eskimo Baby

Great! It looks like Pollstar was right about the 12/13 show all along and I snagged a couple seats this morning when they went on sale. I'll be sitting in the right side of the theatre in seats 22-24. Has anyone ever been to the Beacon before? Any idea if there are bad seats anywhere?
beatomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #18
theecitychick
Eskimo Friend

I got row J in the loge seat 26 im nolt happy about this casue i just looked at the seating chart and im all the way in the back but i will deal to see damien
Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
FPrefect61
It's what I do

Looks like I'm getting in here a bit late, but if it's alright, I'd love to meet up at O'Hurley's. I'm still hammering out the details of bringing someone with me. Looks like I may have an extra for both nights if things fall through. Anyone interested in going with a complete stranger? I'm promise I'm a normal and safe person (hint, look at the avatar... =) )
Old 12-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #20
Mattien
Eskimo Baby

I've got a police officer on my side in the BK!
Mattien is offline   Reply With Quote