Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Johnny B. Goode
Eskimo Friend

Default Album Took Too Long!!!

This is gonna be a controversial one......

Just think the album took way too long to be completed and released. Should have been done in half the time. Its not really good enough for artists like Damien to be releasing an album every 4 or 5 years especially for a song writer of such great talent. I just hope it doesn't get to the stage where he gets into the boring U2 routine of releasing an album, stadium tour of the globe for 2 years, year long break, back in the studio for a year, and release an album again..........

Damien might argue that he didnt feel right about the album and that it wasnt ready, or maybe he was simply pre-occupied doin charitable work (which i have no problem with but still think music should take priority).

Anyway let me know what you guys think.....

You guys think Im being a bit narrow-minded and there's good reason for great artists like Damien to produce a low-yield of work?

Or you agree that artists of his talent need to be more prolific in their releases............
Old 11-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Niko
Eskimo Regular

I think artists of Damien's talent should follow that talent. Let itself emerge and do its thing when it is ready to do so. Damien's work owes a large part of it's power to the fact that it isn't forced. If he keeps producing work of this magnitude, I for one am more than happy to "allow" (as if he needs my permission...) him to take as much time as he wants, or indeed needs.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
Martine
Eskimo Friend

I think this is just great!!
No pressure, no time, just let it come and complete it when he's happy. He takes the time and I have respect for that.
He makes his own rules, who doesn't want that?!
And see/hear/feel the result

This for me, this is Damien and that's what I like about him. So lives his own life, respect!
Freedom is oxygen for the soul. Space is what a true artist need. Need to be happy and to produce beauties. He had chosen for quality, so the better my feelings are about this CD, it is really a jewel.
When you finish a CD, it is for a lifetime, it's recorded and produced that way, for sale, for years! I can imagine it hás to be perfect.
He is true to himself, he has the power and the courage.

Well, excuse me for my English, not that good and it's hard to express yourself in another language, but I guess you'll understand

Last edited by Martine; 11-30-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine
So lives his own life, respect!
Martine... I actually like your use of English...especially this line. It is funny I find that cool. On the broader spectrum of things...sometimes I don't think about this forum...then I look at it and realize it's pretty cool...I mean...so many different cultures, and so many different people from different places...it's just cool that we have this tool, if not for Damien Rice related material, for the basics of a forum that involves people from every part of this world...

sorry for being cheesy.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
Martine
Eskimo Friend

Just my thought Chris
The diversity is pretty nice and fun to read! A lot of opinions, interpretations, feelings and that's what I found great at this forum.

And I'm glad to hear you did understand me, hahaha and you even like it

But I'm going way off-topic

Again, I don't think it's too long, it's just good, I like it.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
alifatsaki
Eskimo Baby

jonny, sorry but i absolutely disagree with you. albums like ''0'' should take much time to be replaced!
the second album took long to be released so we had time to listen carefully to the first one. although i would listen to the first cd very often, every month i discovered something new! something even more attractive, even more beautiful.
in addition, time grew the expectation in me. i was longing for new songs and when they came i ''hugged'' them with exilaration!
after all, if damien needed that much to create a work which would be up to our expectations, we can't blame him... he deserves our patience!
i don't regret for waiting!
alifatsaki is offline   Reply With Quote